Skip to main content

Apply for levy waiver for foreign worker

You can get a waiver for your foreign worker levy payments only in certain specific situations. These include overseas leave and hospitalisation leave.

When you can get a levy waiver

You can apply for a levy waiver only if your foreign worker:

  • Is on overseas leave for at least 7 consecutive days.
    Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year.
  • Is on hospitalisation leave issued by Singapore hospitals.
    Capped at 60 calendar days per calendar year.
  • Does not return to Singapore after overseas leave.
  • Is under police custody or is housed at the embassy.
  • Passed away.
  • Has become a Singapore permanent resident.
  • Is in the harbour-craft industry and is on board a vessel leaving Singapore’s port for at least 3 consecutive days.
  • Is a Malaysian and is serving National Service in his home country (usually for 3 months).

What you need

If foreign worker You need
Went on overseas leave

No documents needed. We will contact you if we need any.

If the foreign worker chose not to return from overseas leave, you should cancel the work permit before you apply for a waiver.

Was admitted to a hospital in Singapore

Any of the following:

  • Medical certificate showing the period of hospitalisation leave.
  • Hospital bills which reflect the admission and discharge dates.
Was in the custody of the police or embassy A letter from the relevant organisation stating the period of custody.
Passed away A copy of his death certificate.
Became a Singapore permanent resident

Any of the following:

  • A copy of his NRIC.
  • The approval letter from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
Is on board a vessel leaving Singapore’s port for at least 3 consecutive days (for harbour-craft industry) A declaration form signed by vessel captain from the Maritime And Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) stating the period he was on board the vessel.
Is a Malaysian serving National Service in his home country

All of the following:

  • A letter from the Malaysia Authority stating the period he is required to do National Service.
  • A copy of the certificate of completion of National Service.

When to apply

You can apply for the levy waiver only after the levy has been charged and it must be within 1 year of the levy bill.

If the waiver period requested is from January 2015 (start month) to February 2015 (end month), you must submit the application by 31 January 2016.

How to apply

You need to apply online at CPF website. After logging in, choose Application for Waiver of Foreign Worker Levy (Business).

You can check your application status online after 12 working days.