Skip to main content

What happens if I reduce a Work Permit holders salary without agreement or without informing MOM?

As the employer of a Work Permit holder, you need their written agreement before you:

  • Decrease a worker’s basic monthly salary.
  • Decrease a worker’s fixed monthly allowance.
  • Increase a worker’s food or housing deductions.

You’ll also need to notify MOM. If you fail to do so, you might be liable for a penalty of up to $10,000. Your company’s future work pass applications may also be affected.