Your foreign worker needs to download TraceTogether if they are:
- Staying in a dormitory, i.e. PBDs, FCDs, CTQs or TOL quarters.
- Work Permit or S Pass holders who work in the construction, marine or process sectors.
No, it is not mandatory for such workers to download and register TraceTogether.
However, workers are still strongly encouraged to do so to facilitate contact tracing should there be an infection.
If your worker’s mobile phone is unable to download and activate TraceTogether, it is likely because the phone’s operating system (OS) does not support the functionalities needed for the app to work.
In this case, you need to provide your worker with a mobile phone that can support TraceTogether, so that they can be notified if they have possibly been exposed to COVID-19. This will also reduce the impact to your business operations if there’s an outbreak that affects your workers.
Phones that support TraceTogether
- Phones with Android version 5.1 or above, and have access to Google Play store.
Note: Newer Huawei phones (e.g. Mate 30, P40, P40 Pro) don’t have access to Google Play store.
- Phones with iOS version 10 or above.
Phones that don’t support TraceTogether
- Huawei phones that don’t have access to Google Play store, e.g. Mate 30, P40, P40 Pro.
- Phones with Android version 5.0 or below.
- Phones with iOS version 9 or below.
- Phones with Blackberry OS or Symbian OS.
- Phones with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system installed by employers that prevents downloads from Google Play store or App store.
Your worker doesn’t need a data plan to use TraceTogether.
But you can help your worker connect to Wi-Fi for the initial download and set up.
After that, it’s best for your worker to connect their phone to Wi-Fi at least once a day. This allows TraceTogether to retrieve new temporary IDs from the server, which protects their phone from malicious tracking.
Please approach your employer for their help to get your card serial number.
Yes. TraceTogether is now available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for all regions.
TraceTogether is built specifically for contact tracing within Singapore and will function only when you are in Singapore.
If you’re in Singapore and can’t download TraceTogether previously because your Apple App Store or Google Play Store was set to another region, you should try downloading again.