Application for Workplace Safety & Health Officer
You may apply for Workplace Safety and Health Officer certification online.
The application will only be considered if the applicant meets the following application criteria:
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old
- Applicant must have at least one of the prescribed Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) related qualification
- Applicant must have at least two years practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by a WSH officer (documentary proof/testimonial from employer is required) at the time of application
- As part of the application process, the applicant may be required to attend an interview to assess his/her suitability to become a WSH Officer
Failure to meet any criteria listed above would result in rejection of the application.
- Copy of NRIC/Work Pass (both sides)
- Copy of Degree or Diploma Certificate and Full Result Transcript of Basic Academic Qualification in Engineering (eg. Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering; Diploma in Mechanical Engineering)
- Copy of Certificate and Full Result Transcript of the prescribed WSH Related Qualification*
- Professional Work Review write-up must be signed by applicant, scanned and saved in PDF format. Applicant who submits the application on or after 1st August 2013 is required to use version 2.0 of the template. Previous version will not be accepted.
- Current/Past Employer Testimonial stating two years practical experience relevant to the work performed by a WSH officer OR Letter of Appointment as a proof employment in WSH line for two years
For applicants with a non-engineering/technical diploma, the following documents should be submitted to support the application.
- Copy of the transcript of the Applied Basic Mathematics and Science Topic in WSH
- Copy of Advanced Certificate in WSH awarded by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA)
* List of WSH Related Qualifications:
- Safety Officers Training Course (SOTC)**
- Specialist Diploma in WSH awarded by WDA conducted by Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, BCA Academy, NTUC Learning Hub and Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO)
- Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environment Technology awarded by National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Environment Occupational Health & Safety awarded by the University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Factors in Safety programme by UniSIM (Singapore)
- Bachelor of Science (Health and Safety) conferred by Curtin University of Technology (Singapore Campus)
** The qualification accepted prior to January 2008 is the Safety Officer Training Course (SOTC) (now discontinued). Applicant with this qualification is required to submit the "Risk Management Test for WSHOs" Certificate.
Fees and validity period
$110.00 (inclusive of GST), two years Validity Period.
Required once in every two years.
The application will be processed within eight weeks upon receipt of application, payment and supporting documents. Please note that additional time may be required for processing the application if the supporting documents are not complete or an interview is required.