Application for Approved Scaffold Supervisor / Erector
You may add the Scaffold Supervisor/Erector Competency to the scope of your organisation's Certificate of Competency by using the iOSH service. SingPass is required to log in.
A scaffold supervisor / suspended scaffold supervisor must be trained and be competent in the erection, installation, addition, alteration, or dismantling of a scaffold / erection, installation, addition, alteration, dismantling, or re-positioning of suspended scaffolds respectively. He/she should be familiar with the prescribed procedures as specified in the manufacturer's instructions. To be deemed competent, he/she must satisfy the following criteria:
- The supervisor must have successfully completed the Supervision of Metal Scaffold Erection Course / Suspended Scaffold Supervisor Course (whichever is appropriate) conducted by a training provider approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.
- The supervisor shall have a minimum of 2 years' relevant practical experience in the erection, installation, addition, alteration, dismantling or repositioning of scaffolds / suspended scaffolds respectively.
Scaffold Erectors / Scaffold Riggers
The Approved Scaffold Contractor (ASC) carrying out each erection, installation, addition, alteration or dismantling of scaffolds / erection, installation, addition, alteration, dismantling or re-positioning of a suspended scaffold must have a team of competent workers. Each team shall comprise sufficient competent scaffold erectors / suspended scaffold riggers to carry out their respective job safely. The team(s) shall be under the charge of one or more competent scaffold supervisor(s) / suspended scaffold supervisor(s).
Every scaffold erector and every suspended scaffold rigger shall be properly trained in the techniques of erection, installation, addition, alteration, dismantling or re-positioning of a scaffold / suspended scaffold. They must have successfully completed the Metal Scaffold Erection Course / Suspended Scaffold Rigger Course (whichever is appropriate), conducted by a training provider approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.
- Company testimony for scaffold supervisor or suspended scaffold supervisor (minimum 2 supervisors with at least 2 years of experience in the erection, installation, addition, alteration, dismantling or repositioning of scaffolds / suspended scaffolds respectively)
- Training certificate for scaffold supervisor/ suspended scaffold supervisor
- Training certificate for scaffold erectors/ riggers (minimum 5 erectors/riggers)
- Supporting documents i.e. photocopies of the employment letter/ work permit to show that scaffold supervisors and erectors are under the direct employment of your company (applicable to foreign workers only)
- All scaffold supervisors are to attend the Work At Height (WAH) course and their training certificates are to be submitted.
- Inform the Commissioner of any changes to the employment status of the scaffold/suspended scaffold supervisors or scaffold erectors/suspended scaffold riggers employed in your organisation. This will include resignation, retirement, etc.
- Keep and maintain a record of the erection, installation, alteration, dismantling, rigging or repositioning of the scaffold/suspended scaffold by each competent scaffold/ suspended scaffold supervisor. Such record shall be maintained and made available for inspection, by the Commissioner or his representative.
- All documents must be submitted in Portable Document Format (PDF) only.
- Improper and incomplete applications will be rejected without any prior notice.