Processing time: Around 4 weeks
To submit an application for a Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme:
- Submit the application online.
- Attach soft copies of the following required documents:
- A letter from the university stating your matriculation, name, nationality, date of birth and year of study.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
- (For graduates) A copy of the degree certificate or transcripts.
- (For undergraduates) A copy of the student card issued by the university.
- If the documents from your university are not in English, submit a copy of the original document and an official English translation certified by the university.
- Documents must be in PDF or JPEG format.
- Each document’s file size must not be more than 2MB.
It takes around 4 weeks to process the application. If your application is approved, you will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter by email.
The Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme is valid for 12 months. You must get the pass issued within 3 months of the date of the IPA letter.
When: Within 3 months of in-principle approval
You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.
There are two ways to get the pass issued:
- Using EP Online (use this if you have an employment agent or if you have a SingPass)
- Over the counter
Using EP Online
You (if you have SingPass) or your employment agent can apply to have the pass issued using EP Online. To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see What you’ll need).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Over the counter
If you are the candidate and you don’t have SingPass, you can have your Work Holiday Pass issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre.
You must make an appointment for the pass to be issued.
Bring these documents for your visit:
What you'll need
You will need the following for the pass to be issued:
- Candidate’s passport details.
- Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate’s residential address in Singapore.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.
You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (IMM27).
- Completed medical examination form.
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.
For registration, you or your employment agent must make an appointment for you to visit EPSC. You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
Bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register and get your documents verified at EPSC.
If you don’t need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit: