regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Personalised Employment Pass - Before you apply


Foreigners who wish to work in Singapore can apply for the Personalised Employment Pass if they are:

  • Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000
    The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.
  • Employment Pass holders who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000

    * The following groups of foreigners are not eligible for the PEP:

    • (i) foreigners who are issued with an Employment Pass under the Sponsorship scheme. Under this scheme, their direct employers are overseas companies which do not have a Singapore-registered office/business entity

      (ii) foreigners who are working or intending to work on a free-lance basis without any direct employers in Singapore

      (iii) foreigners who are listed as Sole Proprietors, Partners or Directors in a business/company registered with ACRA and are shareholders of that business/company

      (iv) foreigners working as journalists, editors, sub-editors and producers.
    Note: The PEP holder is not allowed to start his/her own business or engage in any entrepreneurial activities. The holder must apply for an EntrePass if he/she intends to do so.

Benefits - Job flexibility

PEP holders can generally take on employment in any sector. There may be some jobs where prior permission is required. For more information on occupations that require prior approval, click pdfhere.

PEP holders do not need to re-apply for a new pass when changing jobs. They can inform MOM using the PEP Notification Form.

PEP holders are also given the flexibility of a continuous period of up to six months without a job to evaluate employment or work opportunities. They are not be required to leave Singapore during this time.

Dependant privileges

PEP holders can bring their spouses (legally married) and children under 21 years of age on Dependant's Passes. They can also bring their parents on Long Term Visit Passes. The dependants' applications must be sponsored by the PEP holders and submitted at any SingPost post offices.

Conditions of validity

Maximum Unemployment Period: This cannot exceed six continuous months at any point. PEP holders who are unable to find employment after a continuous period of six months must cancel their pass. This includes PEP holders who are leaving Singapore to work for their overseas employer.

Minimum Annual Fixed Salary: PEP holders must earn an annual fixed salary of at least $144,000 for each calendar year, regardless of the number of months they are in employment for the calendar year.

For those who applied for their PEPs before 1 December 2012, they will have to meet this requirement by 31 December 2014. For more information, please refer to the PDFFAQs.

Requisite Notifications to MOM: PEP holders and their employers will need to keep MOM informed of each change in the PEP holders' employment status (e.g. commencement or cessation of employment). In addition, PEP holders are required to declare their annual fixed salary within 30 days of the end of the calendar year. They also need to inform MOM of any changes in their contact details viz. local contact person and address.


The PEP will be issued only once. It is valid for three years, and is non-renewable.

PEP holders whose passes are expiring can continue to work and live in Singapore on an Employment Pass (EP) or S Pass, subject to the prevailing EP and S Pass assessment criteria. To transit to EP or S Pass, the employer must submit a new application. This can be done without cancelling the existing PEP.

Documents required before you apply

Before applying, please have the following documents and information ready:

  • The Personalised Employment Pass application form.
    Download pdfPEP Application Form
  • Additional documents required for overseas foreign professional;
    1 CLEAR COPY of:

    1. Educational certificates
    2. Employment contract of new and/or previous employment (if any)
    3. Employment history
    4. Latest three months’ salary slips and bank account statements
    5. Latest tax statement
    6. A copy of the personal particulars page of the applicant’s passport/travel document

(Non-English documents must be accompanied by an official English translation done by translation service providers, High Commission / Embassy or notary public.)


These are the fees collected for each Personalised Employment Pass application:

Upon submission of each application An administrative fee of $70
Upon issuance request
  • Personalised Employment Pass – $150 per issue
  • Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue
Last updated on 06 May 2014 12:14:40