Dependant's Pass - Before you apply
Changes to Dependant Privileges for Work Pass Holders
The Government is tightening the criteria for work pass holders to sponsor dependants as part of the overall direction to moderate the growth of Singapore’s non-resident population. This will help ease the pressure on our social infrastructure. Nonetheless, Singapore remains a global talent capital. We continue to welcome highly skilled foreign professionals who wish to bring their dependants to stay with them.
The changes, from 1 September 2012
are as follows:
- S Pass and Employment Pass (EP) holders need to earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000 to sponsor the stay of their spouses and children here.
- P1 Pass holders will no longer be able to bring in their parents-in-law. They may still bring in their parents, spouses and children.
- P2 Pass holders will no longer be able to bring in their parents or parents-in-law. They may still bring in their spouses and children.
Dependants of EP and S Pass holders who are in Singapore by 1 September 2012 will be allowed to stay in Singapore if these work pass holders have valid passes with their existing employers. For more information, please refer to our FAQs
Employment Pass holders, and S Pass holders with a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000 may apply for Dependant’s Passes for their:
- spouses (legally married)
- unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age.
These documents and information are required for Dependant’s Pass applications:
- Dependant’s Pass application form
Download Dependant’s Pass Application Form
- The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment/S Pass holder.
- The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
- A parent’s signature is required for children aged 16 years and below.
- Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
- Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document
(For children who share the same passport/travel document with the parent, the personal particulars page of the parent’s passport/travel document must also be submitted.)
- Applicants who hold non-English documents or certificates are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by a certified translator, High Commission/Embassy or a notary public.
- For babies born in Singapore, the parent has to report to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) with the letter issued by the hospital to obtain a short term visit pass. This pass is valid for 42 days, during which, an application for Dependant's Pass can be submitted.
Additional Documents Required
These additional documents are required based the applicant’s relationship with the Employment Pass/S Pass holder:
||Additional documents required
|Spouse (legally married)
||A copy of the official marriage certificate
|Unmarried children under 21 years of age
||A copy of the child’s official birth certificate which states the names of the parents
|Legally adopted children under 21 years of age
||A copy of the child’s official Adoption Order or documents
These are the fees collected for each Dependant’s Pass application:
|Upon submission of each application
||An administrative fee of $60
|Upon issuance request