regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Dependant's Pass - After you apply

Getting the card

The following steps describe what needs to be done before getting the Dependant’s Pass (DP) card:

Request for pass issuance using EP Online

The company representative or appointed Employment Agent will need to request for the pass issuance using EP Online, and the applicant must be in Singapore at the time this request is made.

What you need to have on hand when carrying out online issuance of the Dependant’s Pass?

  1. Applicant's passport or travel document
  2. Details of applicant’s Short Term Visit Pass / immigration pass that he or she is currently holding to remain in Singapore
  3. Applicant’s residential address in Singapore
  4. Contact details of at least an authorised contact person(s) for us to send an SMS or email alert, and a delivery address, for the purpose of card delivery
  5. Clear, scanned copies of the following documents in PDF format:
    • Applicant's passport or travel document, including amendment page(s) (if any)
    • Disembarkation / Embarkation card
    • Completed Medical Examination form / Health Declaration form (whichever if applicable)
    • Completed Declaration form attached with the foreigner's In-Principle Approval letter


  • You may be asked to upload more or fewer documents during online issuance depending on what you have entered.
  • Online submission of documents is only available where fingerprint and face-imaging registration are not required.
Step-by-step guide to issue Pass via EP Online pdfDownload
Request for the pass issuance via EP Online Log in

You need to pay the following fees using GIRO (for existing GIRO user), eNETS Credit or Debit.

Print the Notification Letter

When the request to issue the Dependant’s Pass (DP) has been approved, print out the Notification Letter online. This letter tells you if your DP holder needs to register at Employment Pass Services Centre or MOM Services Centre – Hall C. It also allows him or her to stay, and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the DP card. So please make sure the letter is handed over to him or her.

Registration for finger-prints and photo-image (if needed)

(This is for first-time applicants, and those who had their fingerprints and photo taken by MOM more than five years ago.)

You need to make an appointment for the applicant to go to the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) for registration within fourteen calendar days after the Dependant’s Pass has been issued. For dependants of S Pass holders, an appointment to go to MOM Services Centre (MOM SC) - Hall C must be made within seven calendar days. At the registration, we will take the applicant’s fingerprints and photograph. He or she will also need to bring the following documents:

  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • All the documents listed in the In-Principle Approval (IPA) and Notification Letter

Download these guides:


  • Card registration services at Services Centres are strictly by appointment only.
  • Make sure that the foreigner arrives on time for his or her appointment at the services centre. If the foreigner is late, he or she may not be served.
  • If the foreigner fails to turn up, the foreigner’s pass may be cancelled.
  • There are limited parking lots at MOM Services Centre. Public transportation is strongly advised. Click PDFhere for details on public transportation to the services centre.

For those who are not required to register at the services centres, we will deliver the card to you once we have verified your documents successfully.

Delivery of the Dependant’s Pass card

The new Dependant’s Pass card will be delivered four working days after the applicant has registered at the services centre. Applicants who are not required to register will also have their card delivered four working days after their documents have been verified successfully.

An SMS or email will be sent to the appointed contact person(s) one day before the card is delivered. You can check your card delivery details using EP Online by clicking on the ‘Enquire – Card Delivery/Collection Status’ function on the left hand menu.

If the foreigner was already holding a pass for working / long-term stay in Singapore, he or she must return the old card to the issuing authority:

  • Those holding a Work Pass / Long Term Pass Card issued by MOM should mail it back to to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764
  • Those holding Long Term Pass (such as Dependant’s Pass, Student Pass and Long Term Visit Pass) and Special Pass issued by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) should return the card to ICA instead. Please note that there is no need to return the Disembarkation / Embarkation card (IMM27) to ICA.

What happens if card delivery is unsuccessful?

After two unsuccessful card delivery attempts, you must collect your card at the EPSC or MOM SC three working days after the second failed delivery. You do not need to make an appointment for card collection but you do need to bring along the following documents:

Feature of Long Term Pass Card

Dependant's Pass holder issued with valid Long Term Pass card carrying his/her fingerprints and facial biometrics and International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) compliant passport can now use the Enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) at the Singapore immigration checkpoints to facilitate travelling in and out of Singapore.

Last updated on 07 November 2014 10:32:07