Marriage and Parenthood (M&P) Package
21 January 2013
The Marriage and Parenthood (M&P) Package has been enhanced in support of a Pro-Family environment in Singapore. The enhancements include:
- extension of the maternity protection to cover the full pregnancy period,
- introduction of Shared Parental Leave to allow fathers to share up to 1 week of the mother’s maternity leave,
- introduction of 1 week Government-Paid Paternity Leave,
- extension of 2 days Childcare Leave for each parent with a Singapore citizen child between the ages of 7 and 12, and
- provision for 4 weeks of Government-Paid Adoption Leave.
Although the Legislation governing these leave schemes is effective from 1 May 2013, employers are encouraged to implement the new benefits for any Singapore citizen births from 1 January 2013.
For more details on the enhancement, please visit the Hey Baby website. For leave application and claim reimbursement, please visit the profamily leave website.
For further clarifications, please contact us at www.heybaby.sg/contact_us.html.
Last Updated on 21 January 2013