regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Training Employment Pass
- Before you apply


These foreigners may be eligible for the Training Employment Pass:

  • Foreign Students
    • The training attachment in Singapore must be part of the applicant's course of study and;
    • The applicant must be from an acceptable institution; or
    • Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,000.
  • Trainees from foreign offices or subsidiaries
    - Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,000.

Applicants must not hold a Training Employment Pass for similar training arrangement before.

Foreign students who do not meet the above criteria may consider applying for the Work Holiday Programme and foreign trainees may consider applying for the Training Work Permit (TWP), subjected to the prevailing pass criteria. The TWP is for semi-skilled or unskilled foreign trainees undergoing training in Singapore.


The Training Employment Pass is valid up to three months, and is non-renewable.

Documents Required

These documents and information are required for Training Employment Pass applications:

  1. Training Employment Pass application form

    Download pdfTraining Employment Pass Application Form
    1. The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company.
    2. The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
  2. A detailed training programme stating:

    1. Objective of training
    2. Type of training
    3. Location of training
    4. Duration of training
  3. Applicant's educational documents#

    Additional document(s) are required for:
    1. Diploma/degree qualifications from India
      Transcripts and marksheets
    2. Diploma/degree qualifications from China
      - Certificate of Graduation

      - Verification proof of education certificates from any one of the following independent verification channels:
    3. Applicants on training attachments as part of degree/diploma program
      Support letters from educational institution stating that the training is part of the degree/diploma program
    # If the applicant has not yet completed the educational course, a letter from the educational institution indicating that the applicant is currently pursuing the said course in the school, should be submitted.
  4. Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
  5. Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document

Important information:

Applicants who hold non-English documents or certificates are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by translation service providers, High Commission/Embassy or notary public.

Note: English translation is not required for verification proof of education certificates obtained from China.


These are the fees collected for each Training Employment Pass application:

Upon submission of each application An administrative fee of $70
Upon issuance request
Last updated on 21 July 2014 12:10:15