Skip to main content

Can an Employment Pass holder switch to an S Pass?

Generally, an existing Employment Pass holder should be able to switch to an S Pass, as the criteria to qualify for an Employment Pass (EP) is higher than that for an S Pass.

EP holders can consider such a switch if they no longer meet the prevailing EP criteria. However, employers must ensure that they meet the quota requirements to hire S Pass holders.