Employers must issue itemised pay slips to all employees covered by the Employment Act.
- Give together with payment to employee.
- If unable to give together, to be given within three working days of payment.
- In the case of termination or dismissal, must give pay slip together with outstanding salary.
||Soft or hard copy (including handwritten).
Items to include
Pay slips must include the items below, unless an item is not applicable. For example, if overtime pay does not apply to you, your pay slip need not include items 9 to 11. If payments are made more than once a month, employers can consolidate pay slips. The consolidated pay slip must contain details of all payments made since the last pay slip.
||Full name of employer.
||Full name of employee.
||Date of payment (or dates, if the pay slips consolidates multiple payments).
For hourly, daily or piece-rated workers, indicate all of the following:
- Basic rate of pay, e.g. $X per hour.
- Total number of hours or days worked or pieces produced.
||Start and end date of salary period.
Allowances paid for salary period, such as:
- All fixed allowances, e.g. transport.
- All ad-hoc allowances, e.g. one-off uniform allowance.
Any other additional payment for each salary period, such as:
- Rest day pay
- Public holiday pay
Deductions made for each salary period, such as:
- All fixed deductions (e.g. employee’s CPF contribution).
- All ad-hoc deductions (e.g. deductions for no-pay leave, absence from work).
||Overtime hours worked.
||Start and end date of overtime payment period (if different from item 5 start and end date of salary period).
||Net salary paid in total.
Employers must keep a record of all pay slips issued.
||Soft or hard copy, including handwritten.
|For how long?
- For current employees: Latest two years.
- For ex-employees: Last two years, to be kept for one year after the employee leaves employment.
Download templates and other resources for employers
For help complying with these requirements, you can download the blank pay slip sample form.
You can also find more templates, tools, workshops and advisory services.