What it is
The enhanced Work-Life Grant aims to incentivise companies to sustain the use of flexible work arrangements (FWAs) for all employees, to create work-life harmony at the workplace.
The enhanced Work-Life Grant comprises 2 components:
- FWA Incentive
Incentivise companies to sustain implementation of FWAs for their local employees.
- Job Sharing Incentive
Incentivise employers to implement job sharing for employees at PMET-level with gross monthly salary of at least $3,600, before job sharing arrangement.
You can tap on one or both components.
Types of FWAs
The FWAs recognised for this grant include flexi-load, flexi-place and flexi-time. Other FWAs may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Employees using the FWAs must be working on a regular basis, i.e. not ad-hoc or casual employees.
The FWA Incentive encourages you to support employees who adopt FWAs.
Up to $70,000 per company over 2 years.
$2,000 per local employee per year, who is a regular user of FWAs.
Based on the number of unique Singaporean employees utilising FWAs:
- $10,000 for the first 5 Singaporean employees.
- $1,500 per additional Singaporean employee (i.e. from 6th onwards).
The incentive should be used to nurture and further workplace cultures that support better work-life harmony.
To receive subsequent tranches of payouts, your company needs to sustain the work-life practices at your workplace.
- Companies are required to adopt the Tripartite Standard on FWAs at point of claim, as part of the Work-Life Grant to better attract and retain talent and improve the productivity of their workforce
- Companies are eligible to receive the FWA Incentive of $2,000 per local employee who is a regular user, per year for two consecutive years, capped at $70,000 per company.
- Companies can only claim for regular employees on permanent or a minimum employment contract term of 12 months. You cannot claim for casual or temporary employees.
Job Sharing Incentive
The Job Sharing Incentive encourages you to support PMET-level employees who adopt job sharing arrangements.
||Up to $35,000 per company over 2 years.
||$3,500 per local, full-time PMET employee per year, who is a regular user of job sharing.
- Companies are required to adopt the Tripartite Standard on FWAs at point of claim, as part of the Work-Life Grant to better attract and retain talent and improve the productivity of their workforce.
- Companies are eligible to receive the Job Sharing Incentive of $3,500 per local PMET employee (Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents) who is a regular user, per year for two consecutive years, capped at $35,000 per company.
- Companies can only claim for full-time PMET employees on permanent or a minimum employment contract term of 12 months, in a job paying a gross monthly salary of at least $3,600, before the job sharing arrangement.
- Companies must have put in place a formal arrangement to redistribute workload amongst the employees and remunerate accordingly. The employees taking on the redistributed work can be existing employees or new hires with a minimum employment contract term of 12 months.
How to apply
SNEF and e2i (NTUC) are the only official Programme Partners for WorkPro, which Work-Life Grant falls under.
Interested companies can apply for the enhanced Work-Life Grant through official WorkPro Programme Partners from 1 July 2018. This service is provided at no cost.
You must submit directly to official Programme Partners – SNEF or e2i (NTUC). Applications made by private consultants or external parties acting on your behalf will not be accepted.
Find out more
Please refer to the factsheet for more information on the enhanced Work-Life Grant.