The SAC's accreditation scheme replaces the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) scheme. The change took effect on 14 October 2014. The change will raise the standard of accreditation, with applicants having to meet ISO 29990:2010 standards in addition to MOM’s Technical Notes requirements.
As part of the transition, we have issued an Advisory Circular to Certification Bodies (CBs) to establish and align industry baseline standards for certification of LSPs to conduct MOM accredited
What this means for you
If you want to conduct a new course, you will need to apply to be an LSP under the SAC accreditation scheme. You will not be able to apply through MOM eServices.
You can read the list of courses for certification in ISO29990:2010.
For more details, read the FAQs on the SAC scheme.
Apply to be a learning service provider
If you are applying to conduct any course for the first time, you will need to apply for LSP certification through an SAC-accredited certification body.
To apply for LSP certification:
- Contact a certification body accredited by the SAC. The full list of SAC-accredited certification bodies will be made available on the SAC website. In the meantime, contact the following SAC-accredited certifying bodies to apply:
- Declare to the certification body regarding any of the following:
- Your organisation has not failed ISO29990 certification audit.
- Your organisation has its ISO29990 certification cancelled by another certification body.
- Download the MOM Technical Notes stating MOM's course requirements.
- The hyperlink for the MOM Technical Notes will be sent by email to existing ATPs and will also be available on the MOM website.
- You will need to develop courseware, set up training facilities and engage trainers based on the requirements.
The certification body will issue your certificate after you have met all certification criteria stated in ISO 29990:2010 and the MOM Technical Notes for the specified courses.
- Upon being certified as a Learning Service Provider, you need to terminate your organisation’s ATP status with MOM for the same courses.