You can get your helper’s 6ME done at home if she meets the conditions.
Your helper can use the home-based 6ME service if she only needs to take the pregnancy, syphilis or HIV tests.
If her 6ME includes a tuberculosis (TB) test, you'll still need to send her to a clinic for her 6ME.
The home-based 6ME service allows your helper to get the 6ME done at home. This is especially helpful if it is difficult for her to leave the house (e.g. needs to take care of your child or aged parent).
You can enjoy added convenience with this service:
- You will receive the test results when they are ready, and don't need to collect them from the clinic.
- You don’t need to send the results to MOM, the results will be automatically sent by the service provider.
How to get the 6ME done at home
If your helper meets the conditions and you wish to use the home-based 6ME service:
- Make an appointment with any of MOM’s approved service providers:
- On the appointment date, ensure that your helper is at home.
- The service provider’s healthcare personnel will go to your house to collect her blood sample and 6ME form.
The personnel is required to produce the staff pass for identification showing the:
- Company's name and logo
- Staff’s name and photo
- The service provider will send her blood sample to a licensed laboratory for testing. A Singapore-registered doctor will certify her 6ME test results.
- After 10 working days, you will receive the completed 6ME form. If your helper is tested positive for any of the tests, the service provider will inform MOM for you. You don't need to inform us.