Actions to be taken by Work Holiday Pass (WHP) holders if they wish to enter Singapore from overseas.
All pass holders must obtain entry approvals from the relevant government agencies to enter Singapore.
However, those conveying essential services or supplies (e.g. lorry drivers or vegetable supply truckers) coming from Malaysia by land or sea crossing are exempted from the entry approval requirements.
|WHP holders who meet all of these conditions:
- Have an issued WHP, i.e. not on in-principle approval (IPA)
- Are Malaysians or Malaysia PRs
- Entering Singapore by land
- Staying in Singapore for at least 90 days for work
|Employing companies can bring them in under the PCA scheme.
|All other WHP holders, including those on IPA
|WHP holders must get MOM’s entry approval to enter Singapore.
Request for MOM's entry approval
New applications for MOM's entry approval for pass holders from higher-risk countries/regions (i.e. all countries/regions, except Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macao, Mainland China and New Zealand) will not be approved.
Affected pass holders will have their in-principle approval (IPA) validities extended. MOM will share more details on this later on. In the meantime, for IPAs that are expiring soon, you can request for an extension.
To request for MOM's entry approval, you must:
- Ensure you can fulfil the entry approval requirements. This includes paying for your COVID-19 test and stay at the dedicated SHN facility, if applicable.
- Use our entry approval calculator to plan when to request for MOM’s entry approval.
- Ensure there are available flights / transport and you can travel to Singapore on your planned arrival date before requesting for MOM’s entry approval.
If the request is approved, please note that you must pay for your COVID-19 test and stay at the dedicated SHN facility, if applicable, even if you do not enter Singapore as planned.
Request for MOM’s entry approval. You will receive the outcome by email on the next working day.
- Wait for MOM’s approval. Once you have obtained our approval, please confirm your flight / transport immediately and make the arrangements to enter Singapore.
Pass holders are encouraged to buy medical insurance with the appropriate coverage before entering Singapore as they are responsible for their medical expenses if they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.