Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Eligibility for Letter of Consent

The Letter of Consent (LOC) allows eligible Dependant’s Pass, LTVP or LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore if they find a job here.

Who is eligible

To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:

  • A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment Pass, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder.
  • An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.
  • An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.
If you are a dependant of an S Pass holder, you should apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead.

The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.

You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess.

Who can apply

The employer or appointed employment agent can apply for the Letter of Consent. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.

Duration of the pass

The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:

  • What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
  • The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass.

The LOC stops being valid when:

  • The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires.
  • You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.