Before applying for an Employment Pass (EP), you should advertise the job on MyCareersFuture.sg and consider all candidates fairly. This is expected of all employers.
Fair Consideration Framework (FCF)
The Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) sets out the requirements for all employers in Singapore to consider candidates fairly for job opportunities. Employers should not discriminate candidates based on non-job related characteristics such as age, gender, nationality or race.
All employers in Singapore are expected to adhere to the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices.
Consider all candidates fairly
To promote fair employment practices and improve labour market transparency, employers submitting EP applications should first advertise on MyCareersFuture.sg, and consider all candidates fairly.
The advertisement should clearly explain the job requirements and salary offered to attract the right candidates.
We will reject any EP applications linked to advertisements that are discriminatory or do not represent the job accurately:
- The advertisement must not contain discriminatory words or phrases - see examples.
- The job advertised must match the occupation in the EP application.
- The employer submitting the EP application must be the same as the one in the job advertisement.
- The salary offered must be clear, specific, and consistent. Therefore the salary range advertised:
- Must be visible to all candidates and cannot be hidden.
- Cannot be too broad, i.e. the maximum salary cannot exceed two times of the minimum salary.
- Must contain the salary offered to the EP candidate.
- The advertisement must be open for at least 14 days to allow job seekers to view and apply for the vacancy.
If you change any advertisement details (e.g. job title, salary or number of vacancies), you must keep it open for at least another 14 days before you can submit the EP application. This is to ensure that job seekers are aware of the updated job details and have a chance to apply for it.
Job advertisements that have expired or have closed for more than 3 months cannot be used for EP applications. You must advertise the vacancy again to reach out to other job seekers.
- If you are using an advertisement for multiple EP applications, the total number of EP applications cannot exceed the number of vacancies in the advertisement.
Exemption from advertising requirement
All employers must practise fair hiring even if their job vacancies can be exempted from advertising.
For practical reasons, you are not required to advertise on MyCareersFuture.sg if any of the following applies:
- Your company has fewer than 10 employees.
- The fixed monthly salary for the vacancy is $15,000 and above.
- The vacancy is to be filled by an intra-corporate transferee as defined by the World Trade Organisation’s General Agreement on Trade in Services.
- The vacancy is short-term, i.e. not more than 1 month.