Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

What types of legal help are available to a victim of workplace harassment?

Harassment within and outside the workplace is an offence under the Protection from Harassment Act (POHA), which is under the Ministry of Home Affairs.

POHA protects you from harassment and related anti-social behaviour through criminal sanctions, and also provides a range of self-help measures and civil remedies for victims of harassment.

Applications for civil remedies, and Magistrate’s Complaints for criminal offences relating to the POHA, are heard by the State Courts, and the police may also investigate criminal offences. Whether or not a course of conduct is harassment for the purpose of the Act depends on the circumstances of each case, as determined by the courts.

More information on POHA can be found on the Ministry of Law website.