Skip to main content

What is a man-year entitlement (MYE) waiver?

The man-year entitlements (MYE) waiver helps the construction and process industries retain experienced and skilled workers.

With the MYE waiver, you can apply or renew the Work Permits of experienced foreign workers without the need for MYE.

However, they will be subject to higher MYE-waiver levy rates.

Construction sector

To qualify for MYE waiver:

  • The worker must have at least 3 years of construction experience in Singapore.
  • Contractors must have a valid Building Construction Authority (BCA) or Singapore List of Trade Subcontractors (SLOT) registration certification. They must engage only in construction activities.

Process sector

To qualify for MYE waiver, the worker must have at least 2 years of experience in any sector in Singapore.

Maximum renewal period is 2 years at a time.