Skip to main content

Can my FDW look after my children at my relative's house?

According to the Work Permit conditions, a foreign domestic worker (FDW) is employed to perform domestic chores only for her employer at the residential address stated in her Work Permit card.

If your FDW is found working at any location other than at your residential address, it is a breach of the law.

However, we understand that you may prefer to have your FDW take care of your children under the supervision of your relatives while you are at work.

We allow this arrangement, but only during the daytime and only with the FDW’s agreement. You must ensure that your FDW does not perform the full load of housework in both households.