Skip to main content

Do I need to buy insurance for employees who are eligible for WICA?

If you are an employer, you are required to buy a work injury compensation insurance (WICI) policy for:

  • All employees doing manual work, regardless of salary level.
  • All employees doing non-manual work, earning less than $1,600 a month.

In the event of a valid claim, you will still need to pay compensation to eligible employees, even if they are not covered.