Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

Can my injured employee go for expensive or up-market treatment of minor injuries if it doesn't exceed maximum of $36,000?

There is no restriction on the types of treatment for an employee to claim compensation for medical treatment in accordance with WICA.

As long as the treatment is necessary and performed by a medical practitioner registered under the Medical Registration Act (Cap 174) or in any hospital licensed by MOH, it is claimable in accordance with WICA.

If you have your own list of preferred healthcare providers, you should arrange with your employee to get treatment with them.