Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

Can I use project insurance, rather than employer's insurance, for work injury compensation?

Under the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA), the employer’s insurance policy is responsible for claims when there are multiple policies in force. As an employer, you should make sure to provide sufficient coverage, rather than relying on project policies.

However, you can use a third-party insurance policy for compensation, if needed. For example, if it is the industry practice to have the principal’s insurance policy compensate workers injured at the project site.

To use a third-party's insurance, the insurance company must write to MOM before the notice of assessment is issued.