Skip to main content

Can I terminate an employee's services after a work accident?

Yes. However, if your employee is eligible for a WICA claim, you are still required to pay compensation, even if they no longer work for you, or their work pass has been cancelled.

Employees who feel they've been unfairly dismissed can also appeal to the Minister of Manpower.

Therefore, if you are an employer, you are encouraged not to terminate your employee's services until all compensation has been paid.

Last Updated: 29 May 2017