Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

Can I look for a new employer while I have an ongoing work injury claim?

We understand the need for you to continue working to sustain yourself and provide for your family back home.

However, you may aggravate your injuries and affect your medical assessment if you continue to work.

If you are certified by your treating doctor to be medically fit and are required to remain in Singapore to settle your work injury compensation claims, you may be allowed to look for temporary employment. You can approach your case officer with the medical certification.

As a Work Permit holder, your employer is responsible for your upkeep and maintenance while your claim is ongoing. Please let us know if you face any issues in this area.