Employees injured in work-related fights will be eligible for compensation, provided these injuries were sustained in any of the following scenarios:
- In the act of self-defence.
- While defending another individual.
- While acting under the employer or principal’s instructions or consent to:
- Break up the fight
- Safeguard lives or property
- Maintain law and order
- As a result of an assault to which he did not retaliate.
Employees who deliberately participate in or instigate fights at the workplace, and sustain injuries in the process, are not eligible for work injury compensation, regardless of whether the fight was due to work-related