Skip to main content

I'm a cleaner, and my employer has paid me incorrect wages. What can I do?

If you’re a Singapore citizen or permanent resident working as a cleaner and are not getting paid according to the Progressive Wage Model, your employer may be in violation of their cleaning business licence.

To double-check what your wages should be, refer to the cleaning sector’s wage requirements or the Order by the Commissioner for Labour.

You can report violations to MOM if:

  • Your employment contract does not reflect the correct wage level.
  • Your employment contract reflects the correct wage level, but you’re not being paid according to the contract.

If you have not been given an employment contract or proper pay slips, report the matter to the National Environment Agency (NEA) at