Skip to main content

I'm a self-employed woman. Am I entitled to adoption leave?

Yes, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria and have been self-employed for a continuous period of at least 3 months before the point of your formal intent to adopt.

For instructions on applying on claiming reimbursement for the income lost by going on adoption leave, visit the eCitizen GPAL page or call 1800 253 4757.