The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is providing support to help FDW employers who are affected by the SHN requirements for FDWs due to COVID-19.
Eligible employers whose FDWs served the SHN at an alternative accommodation (dormitories, hostels or hotels) can apply for $60 support per day per affected FDW and have their levy waived during the FDW’s SHN period of 14 days.
FDW employers who wish to apply for the SHN support must fulfil all of the following criteria:
- FDW employer must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- For new FDWs, her work pass application must be submitted to MOM on or before 15 March 2020;
- For existing FDWs (i.e. those with a valid work pass) returning from overseas, the FDW must have left Singapore on or before 15 March 2020;
- The employer or employment agent must have obtained MOM’s prior approval before the FDW enters Singapore;
- Affected FDW must have served her SHN at a dormitory, hostel or hotel;
- Affected FDW must have completed her SHN and complied fully with the SHN requirements; and
- Affected FDW must be in the employment of the same employer for the full period of the SHN.
How to apply
|What do you need
- Proof of stay at alternative accommodation (dormitory, hostel or hotel)
Copy of bill / receipt (not invoice) issued by EAs or alternate accommodation showing the following:
- Full name of FDW
- Address of alternative accommodation
- Period of FDW’s stay at alternative accommodation
- Payment has been made by employer
- Proof of FDW’s employment
Copy of FDW’s in-principle approval (IPA) letter or Work Permit card
- FDW’s travel details
- Copy of both departure and arrival (from/to Singapore) air / ferry ticket with FDW’s details (e.g. name)
- Copy of passport photo ID page
- Copy of departure and entry stamp page in passport
- Bank statement (for payment of the SHN support)
Copy of FDW employer’s bank statement with bank account details
Please apply for SHN support.
- Only after your FDW has completed serving her 14-day SHN.
- Within 90 days from the last day of SHN.
The processing of your application will start when all necessary documents are received, not when an incomplete application is first received.
The usual processing time is about 4-6 weeks.
You will be notified by email on the application outcome.