You can now use the AccessCode on SGWorkPass to check if your foreign employees can leave their residence (dormitory or non-dormitory housing) for work. The status of your employees' AccessCode takes into account 3 broad parameters:
- Their health
- Their residential address
- Whether your company and / or worker is allowed to resume work
They can only leave for work if their AccessCode is "Green" (can go out for work).
However, if their AccessCode is "Red" (cannot go out for work), they are not allowed to leave for work.
Your workers can use the SGWorkPass to find out why their AccessCode is "Red" (i.e. Cannot go out for work). Some of the reasons are:
- Worker's health status is not cleared
- Worker has been tested positive for COVID-19 and not recovered.
- Worker is on Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice.
- Worker's place of stay is not cleared
To see this information in SGWorkPass, your workers can:
- Scan the Quick Response (QR) code on their work pass cards.
- Tap on the AccessCode colour bar to find out the reasons for "Red" AccessCode.
Employers can also download the AccessCode details of their Employment Pass, S Pass and Work Permit holders from Safe@Work. For more information, please refer to the Safe@Work eService onboarding guide.
Am I able to access all my workers' AccessCode status and details, instead of checking individually using SGWorkPass?Show
From 12 July 2020, employers can download the AccessCode details of their workers from Safe@Work. For a start, AccessCode statuses of workers who hold a Work Permit or S Pass will be available.
Please refer to the Safe@Work eService onboarding guide for more information.
My worker's AccessCode is “Red” and their AccessCode details shows “No approval to start work”. What should I do?Show
All companies (except construction companies) should check the GoBusiness Portal to find out if they are allowed to resume operations.
Your worker can continue to go out for work. But you are required to follow up on the instructions given in accordance with the following:
- Missed swab. Please re-schedule to attend the earliest possible slot. Your worker has missed the scheduled swab appointment for the rostered routine test (RRT). Please immediately schedule the worker for the swab test through the Swab Registration System (SRS) at the earliest slot. Please do and not wait for the RRT swab appointment that has been auto-scheduled for the worker. Any foreign worker who misses the scheduled swab appointment risks a "Red" AccessCode, and will not be allowed to go out for work.
- The swab attendance record may take up to 48 hours to be updated. You may ignore this message if your worker has attended his swab recently.
- If your workers missed swabs due to medical reasons, you should only arrange for swabs when they are medically fit to be swabbed.
- You are placed on 7-Day RRT. Your worker has been identified to undergo RRT on a 7-day cycle. The appointment in SRS has already been adjusted to a 7-day cycle - please ensure the worker attends the allocated swab appointment(s). Changes can be made through the Swab Registration System (SRS), but please note that any foreign worker who misses the scheduled swab appointment risks a "Red" AccessCode, and will not be allowed to go out for work.
The red status is either because:
- Active COVID: Your worker is confirmed to be infected with COVID-19. Please advise him to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others. A healthcare professional and/or government officer will contact your worker shortly.
- Require re-test. This is being arranged: A re-test will be arranged for your worker. Please advise him to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others while waiting for the re-test.
- Missed swab, cannot work: Your worker has missed his rostered routine testing (RRT) appointment. Please schedule an appointment for him to go for his swab test immediately.
- Pending re-test result: The result of the swab re-test is not available yet. Please advise him to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others while waiting for the re-test.
- Required swab: Your worker doesn’t have a valid swab. If your worker is entering any worksite or staying in a dormitory, you must schedule an appointment to go for swab test immediately.
Your worker is not allowed to go out in all the above situations.
My worker's AccessCode details show instructions for corrective action under the column titled “Place of stay”. What do the instructions mean?Show
Please perform the correction based on the instructions given:
- Worker did not scan room QR code daily. Remind worker to scan: Our records show that your worker has not been doing this. Please ask your worker to scan the QR code in his room using FWMOMCare every day.
- Employer and worker reported different addresses. Please update immediately: Either the address in Online Foreign Worker Address Service (OFWAS) or EP Online is inaccurate or the QR code which your worker is scanning is incorrect. Please update the worker’s address in OFWAS or EP Online or alert the dormitory operator to check and reprint the QR code.
- No address record found. Employer must update OFWAS/EP Online immediately: You must register your worker’s residential address with MOM. Please do so immediately in OFWAS or EP Online.
- Unapproved premises. Please relocate him to approved housing: Your worker can only reside in approved residential premises. Please update the corresponding new address in OFWAS or EP Online.
This means that the worker's place of stay is temporarily excluded from being used to determine the colour status of his AccessCode.
Your worker has contacted, and recovered from COVID-19 some time ago but was recently tested positive for COVID-19. A healthcare professional and/or government officer may contact your worker shortly for a further medical evaluation if necessary. Your worker is not permitted to go out for work unless his AccessCode turns "Green".
You can update their residential addresses using:
- OFWAS for Work Permit holders
- EP Online for Employment Pass and S Pass holders
Their AccessCode will be refreshed 1-2 days after their addresses are updated in OFWAS or EP Online. If their AccessCode is not refreshed, it may mean either of the following:
- Your worker has failed to scan the QR code in his room using FWMOMCare.
- The dormitory operators' record is not updated. Please contact the dormitory operator to rectify this.
The AccessCode is not applicable to FDWs. They can continue to work for their employers, as well as leaving home to buy food or groceries for the household.
Please ensure your worker has installed the latest version of SGWorkPass for their AccessCode to be shown in the app.
My worker does not have a smart phone or SIM card and cannot download the mobile applications. What should they do?Show
As an employer, you must ensure that all their Work Permit and S Pass workers download these mobile apps before they can return to work.
This will help to protect the worker, and prevent transmissions at the workplace and at their place of accommodation.
If your workers don't have a smartphone that allows them to download and use the mobile apps, you should help to source for it. You must treat your workers fairly and work out a mutually agreeable arrangement with your worker in paying for the phone.
You should then register your workers’ update mobile numbers using OFWAS (Work Permit holders) and EP Online (S Pass holders).
You can contact the key telcos for help finding suitable smartphones:
This appears when the worker's work pass is invalid due to reasons such as the pass has not been issued or have expired. Workers cannot work in this instance. Employers should log into WP Online or EP Online to check and rectify the causes that made his pass invalid.
I have reinstated my worker's work pass successfully and the SGWP now shows “Valid” but “AccessCode is being updated. It will be available within 48 hours”. Why is it not available even though I have already renewed the worker's work pass?Show
Due to data transfer process, it will take up to 48 hours for your worker's AccessCode status to be restored. In the meantime, he should not go to work until his AccessCode status is restored and is "Green". System enhancements are ongoing to improve the data transfer process.
You may be asked to produce your work pass card to dormitory operators, security guards or Government authorities. They will use SGWorkPass to scan and confirm that you can leave for work.
Alternatively, you may be asked to scan your card using SGWorkPass and show the display to the relevant personnel.
You are only allowed to leave your residence for work if SGWorkPass shows "Can go out for work" ("Green" status).