Skip to main content

FAQs on using SGWorkPass to check AccessCode status

Foreign workers must use SGWorkPass to check if they can leave their residence for work.


How do I know if my workers can leave their residence for work?Show

You can now use the AccessCode on the SGWorkPass app to check if your workers can leave their residence (dormitory or non-dormitory housing) for work. The status of your worker's AccessCode takes into account 3 broad parameters:

  • Their health
  • Their residential address
  • Whether your company and/or worker is allowed to resume work

They can only leave for work if their AccessCode is 'Green' (can go out for work).

However, if their AccessCode is 'Red' (cannot go out for work), they are not allowed to leave for work.

How do I find out why a worker's Accesscode is 'Red'?Show

Your workers can use the SGWorkPass to find out why their AccessCode is 'Red' (i.e. Cannot go out for work). To see this information in SGWorkPass, your workers can do one of the following:

  • Scan the Quick Response (QR) code on their work pass cards
  • Key in their FIN

Employers can also download the AccessCode details for their Employment Pass, S Pass and Work Permit holders from Safe@Work eService. Please refer to the Safe@Work eService onboarding guide for more information.

My worker's AccessCode show a red status for 'No approval to start work'. What should I do?Show

This means your company has not been given approval to operate and your workers are not allowed to start work.

Note: If your worker just got their pass issued, it will take 48 hours for the status to reflect as “Approved to start work - Yes”.

Please approach the respective lead agencies for assistance:

Sector your company is in Who to approach?

Ministry of Manpower

All other sectors

GoBusiness Portal

My worker's AccessCode details show a red status for 'COVID-19 Infection'. What does it mean?Show

The red status is because:

[ART] Positive: Your worker is confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 and is not allowed to leave their residence or go to work.

It will take up to 6 hours for their AccessCode to turn “green” once they have met one of the following conditions:

  • Tested ART negative 72 hours after first being tested ART positive and upload the result to FWMOMCare.
  • Completed the COVID-19 recovery protocol

My worker's AccessCode details show a red icon for 'Place of stay'. What does it mean?Show

The icon is red because your worker is not staying in an approved housing. Please check that:

My worker's AccessCode details show a black icon for 'Place of stay' with the description 'Temporary exemption'. What does it mean? Show

This means that the worker's place of stay is temporarily excluded from being used to determine the colour status of the AccessCode.

How do I update my foreign worker's residential address?Show

You can update their residential addresses using:

Their AccessCode will be refreshed 1 - 2 days after their addresses are updated in OFWAS or EP Online. If their AccessCode is not refreshed, it may mean one of the following:

  • Your worker has failed to scan the QR code in the room using the FWMOMCare App
  • The dormitory operators' record is not updated. Please contact the dormitory operator to rectify this.

Does AccessCode apply to migrant domestic workers (MDWs)?Show

The AccessCode is not applicable to MDWs. They can continue to work for their employers, as well as leaving home to buy food or groceries for the household.

What must I do if the SGWorkPass is not showing my foreign employee or worker's AccessCode?Show

Please ensure your worker has installed the latest version of SGWorkPass for their AccessCode to be shown in the app.

My worker does not have a smart phone or SIM card and cannot download the mobile applications. What should he do?Show

As an employer, you must ensure that all your Work Permit and S Pass workers download these mobile apps before they can return to work.

This will help to protect the worker and prevent transmissions at the workplace and at their place of accommodation.

If your workers don't have a smartphone that allows them to download and use the mobile apps, you should help to source for it. You must treat your workers fairly and work out a mutually agreeable arrangement with your worker in paying for the phone.

You should then register your workers' update mobile numbers using OFWAS (Work Permit holders) and EP Online (S Pass holders).

You can contact the key telcos for help finding suitable smartphones:

M1 1622
M1 website
Singtel 6733 1368
StarHub 8352 8552
9140 0004
TPG Telecom 6920 0000
TPG website

Why do workers see 'Invalid' status on the SGWorkPass when I scan the QR code on their card or use the Manual FIN entry?Show

This appears when the worker's work pass has been cancelled or has expired. Workers cannot work in this instance. Employers should log into WP Online or EP Online to check and rectify the causes that made the work pass invalid.

If you have reinstated your worker’s work pass recently, please allow up to 48 hours for your worker’s AccessCode to be made available..

What should I do if I'm asked by dormitory operators / security guards / Government authorities to show that I'm permitted to leave my dormitory to work?Show

You may be asked to produce your work pass card to dormitory operators, security guards or Government authorities. They will use SGWorkPass to scan and confirm that you can leave for work.

Alternatively, you may be asked to scan your card using SGWorkPass and show the display to the relevant personnel.

You are only allowed to leave your residence for work if SGWorkPass shows "Can go out for work" ('Green' status).

My worker has recovered from COVID-19 infection. What should their AccessCode status show?Show

Your worker’s AccessCode should show a green status for “COVID-19 Infection” with the description as “Recovered”.

Employers can also download the AccessCode details of your workers from Safe@Work

You can read the Safe@Work onboarding guide for more information.