Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

FAQs on salary payment to foreign workers staying in dormitories

Employers can find out what you need to do to ensure your foreign workers, who are staying in dormitories, are paid their salaries.

How long are the foreign workers quarantined at the isolation areas?Show

28 days, with further extension subject to review based on the dormitories’ COVID-19 situation.

What happens if foreign workers, who are under quarantine, have used up the 60 days of hospitalisation leave?Show

Employers are encouraged to grant additional paid leave, tapping on the one-time levy rebate paid in April 2020.

If my foreign workers prefer salaries to be paid in cash, do I have to shift towards electronic payment?Show

Yes. This requirement is imposed by the Controller of Work Passes to ensure that foreign workers residing in dormitories continue to receive their salaries. Failure to do so would constitute a breach of the work pass conditions.

For dormitories gazetted as an isolation area, can I schedule an appointment to pay salaries in cash or pass ATM card to my foreign workers?Show

Yes. You should contact the dormitory operators early and also note the safe distancing measures when visiting the isolation areas. The dormitory operators and MOM will be facilitating the passing of the salaries and ATM cards to the workers.

Am I required to pay salaries to foreign workers electronically after the Circuit Breaker?Show


More on FAQs on COVID-19