While we are progressively re-opening our borders, approvals for any new applications are still limited. You may continue to apply passes for foreigners who are already in Singapore.
All in-person WSH training has resumed. Workers will be given time to complete their training. For workers whose Work Permits were:
- Issued without the trade certification, they must complete their training before 1 January 2021. We will notify employers to send the workers for training.
- Renewed without the trade certification, they must complete the training before their next Work Permit renewal.
From 1 January 2021, workers must complete their training before you can get their Work Permits issued or renewed.
Yes, you can request to extend your pass holders' stay if they need more time to leave Singapore. Please submit your request within 1 week before the pass holder's Special Pass or Short-Term Visit Pass expires.
For issuance and renewal of passes, the IPA letter or Work Permit renewal notice will indicate whether pass holders are required to do a medical examination.
If required, please make an appointment with clinics before sending the pass holders there. This is to avoid a long wait and ensure their safety.
|Type of medical examination
You must upload the completed medical examination form during the issuance transaction.
For passes issued earlier on without the medical examination forms, please send the pass holders for their medical examinations. For pass holders who are:
- Not required to report for card registration, we will email you how to submit the completed medical examination forms.
- Required to report for card registration, you can make an appointment with our services centres after they have completed their medical examinations. They need to bring along the completed medical examination forms for their card registration appointment.
You must upload the completed medical examination form during the renewal transaction.
|6MEs for FDWs and female Work Permit holders
Please ignore any 6ME notification letters sent from January 2020 to April 2020.
We will inform FDW employers of the new 6ME due dates by email and post.
Companies can now check their workers’ new 6ME due dates using WP Online:
> Click Print Letters / Forms / Receipts on the left menu
> Choose 6-monthly examination
Pass holders can make an appointment with our Employment Pass Services Centre or MOM Services Centre (Hall C) for card registration.
Please do not make an appointment for the following groups of pass holders yet:
|Pass holders who
||Please only make an appointment after they have
|Need to do a medical examination, as stated in their in-principle approval (IPA) letters, and have not done so.
|Completed their medical examinations. They need to bring along the completed medical examination forms for their card registration appointment.
|Are on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) / Quarantine Order (QO).
|Completed the SHN / QO or their test results confirm they are cleared or have recovered from COVID-19, whichever is later.
For these pass holders, you can request to extend their notification letter expiry dates and card registration due dates using the relevant link below for:
In the meantime, they can remain in Singapore with their notification letters or card replacement letters. Those who telecommute or work in permitted services approved by MTI may use the letters as proof of the validity of their passes.
You can request for an extension of the notification letter expiry date and card registration due date using the relevant link below for:
For pass holders who are:
- Required to visit our services centres for card registration, we will deliver their cards 4 working days after they have completed the card registration and their documents have been verified.
- Not required to visit our services centres, we will deliver the cards 4 working days after their documents have been verified.
Authorised recipients will be notified of the delivery by SMS or email at least 1 working day before the actual date.
In the meantime, pass holders can remain in Singapore with their notification letters or card replacement letters. Those who telecommute or work in permitted services approved by MTI may use the letters as proof of the validity of their passes.
Yes. For those that are unable to work during this Circuit Breaker period, we understand if the salaries for some EP and S Pass holders need to be temporarily adjusted below the respective qualifying salaries. Employers should continue to treat their foreign employees fairly and responsibly, taking into consideration the levy waiver and rebate provided by the government.