Advisory - Work pass holders required to update MOM on new residential address or mobile number within five days of any change
Issued on 17 December 2020
- With effect from 23 December 2020, all work pass holders, excluding foreign domestic workers (FDWs), are required to update the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) on their new residential address or mobile number within five days of any change, as part of their work pass conditions under the Employment of Foreign Manpower (Work Passes) Regulations (EFMR).
- The accuracy of this information is critical in facilitating communications to work pass holders, and contact tracing by the authorities when necessary. Please inform your foreign employees that they are to update MOM of their new details via the following channels:
- All Work Permit holders (excluding FDWs) and S Pass holders are required to download the FWMOMCare mobile application and register their details by 23 December 2020. Thereafter, they must continue to update their details within 5 days of any change. We would like to seek your help to inform your foreign employees about this.
- Currently, under the EFMR, Work Permit holders are required to inform their employers upon any change to their details, within 5 days. Employers of Work Permit holders (excluding FDWs) are also required to update any change in their Work Permit holders’ residential address or mobile number in the Online Foreign Worker Address Service (OFWAS).
- We seek the cooperation of both employers and work pass holders to ensure their details registered with MOM are up-to-date, within the new timeline of 5 days. Penalties for non-compliance may include the revocation of work passes and suspension of work pass privileges.