Issued on 14 May 2021
COVID-19 vaccination for your migrant domestic worker
Migrant domestic workers (MDWs) who are above 45 years old can register and receive their Covid-19 vaccination. From later half of May 2021, MDWs below 45 years old can register their interest and they will be invited when eligible, according to the prevailing age bands.
- Do encourage your MDW to register for COVID-19 vaccination as this can:
- Prevent COVID-19 and minimise transmission.
- Enable us to resume more activities safely.
- Prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelmed.
- Protect yourself and those who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons.
- You can assure your MDW that the COVID-19 vaccination is safe, even if she has the following conditions:
- Chronic conditions (e.g. hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases).
- Non-severe allergic reactions to medication, food, or insect bites.
- Eczema or asthma.
- When the vaccination is offered to your MDW, do guide your MDW on how to register:
- Register your MDW for COVID-19 Vaccination online.
- Your MDW will receive an SMS as soon as there are slots available for booking.
- Call the MOH COVID-19 hotline 1800 333 9999 if you require any assistance.
- Your MDW should download the TraceTogether app or have the TT token for contact tracing.
- We have provided information in their native languages. You can use them to explain to your MDW.