Advisory to employers on food arrangements for construction foreign employees on Stay-Home Notice from 20 April 2020 to 4 May 2020
Issued on 21 April 2020
- MOM issued an Advisory to employers that certain foreign employees in the construction sector (and their dependants) are put on Stay-Home Notice from 20 April 2020 to 4 May 2020 on 18 April 2020.
- This advisory provides further guidance to employers on food arrangements for their foreign employees during the Stay-Home Notice (SHN) period.
Employers responsible to ensure that foreign employees on SHN have sufficient food during SHN period
- Employers are required to ensure that their foreign employees issued with the SHN have sufficient food and other daily essentials, as they are not allowed to leave their premises during the SHN period.
- For foreign employees staying in Factory-Converted Dormitories (FCDs), Construction Temporary Quarters (CTQs), Temporary Occupation License (TOL) quarters, and Temporary Living Quarters (TLQs), employers should arrange for catered meals to be delivered to the foreign employees as the foreign employee are not allowed to use the communal cooking facilities due to the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- For foreign employees residing in private residential properties (PRPs) and HDB flats, employers can ask their foreign employees to place orders for groceries or meal delivery services. Employers can also arrange for groceries or catered meals to be delivered to their foreign employees.
- Employers may choose to reimburse their employees for the cost of food or groceries provided, or come to a mutual agreement on how the costs will be borne between the employer and employee.
- As Ramadan is from 24 April 2020 to 23 May 2020, employers should take this into account when making arrangements for the delivery of food and/or groceries to their Muslim employees.
- For enquiries, please contact BCA.
Building and Construction Authority
Ministry of Manpower