Advisory to dormitory operators - Reminder about admission of new and returning residents into your dormitory
Issued on 23 December 2021
- As a dormitory operator, you are required to check that your new or returning dormitory residents have fulfilled any self-isolation period, Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or entry requirements including the COVID-19 tests, before allowing them to check in to your dormitory.
- For newly arrived migrant workers, before admitting them into your dormitory, you are required to verify the following documents:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, especially a negative test result on the last day of their required testing regime. For those who arrived in Singapore via the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), check for the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) result on Day 7 of arrival. For non-VTL travellers, they should have a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result at the end of their 7 or 10-day SHN. The COVID-19 test result will be available either via SMS, email or FWMOMCare;
- Email from Ministry of Manpower to the employers, specifying the respective onboarding or testing requirements for the migrant workers who entered Singapore; and
- Migrant workers’ passport for the date of arrival in Singapore, as they should not be checking into your dormitory before they complete the necessary stay at a self-isolation hotel, SHN dedicated facility (SDF), dedicated facility or the Migrant Worker Onboarding Centre (MWOC).
- As a dormitory operator, it is your responsibility to ensure that migrant workers entering via the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL-Air) do not stay in a dormitory or temporary living quarters during their entire 7-day daily testing period. MOM is currently investigating cases where the dormitory operators had allowed migrant workers who newly arrived in Singapore and checked into the dormitory without completing their required testing regime.
- Please contact the Forward Assurance and Support Team (FAST) overseeing your dormitory, if you find any migrant worker who has not completed the required SHN or testing regime when checking into your dormitory.
- Failure to conduct these checks is a contravention of the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Foreign Employee Dormitories – Control Order) Regulations. Actions may be taken against dormitory operators who admit dormitory residents without ensuring that they have completed completing the necessary SHN or on-arrival testing regime.
- For further queries, please contact us at www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback.