Advisory to dormitory operators - Update on the check-in and check-out restrictions for dormitories with suspected COVID-19 infection
Issued on 31 August 2021
- There is an update to the check-in and check-out restrictions for migrant workers living in dormitories in the event of an impending swab operation or when a positive COVID-19 case is detected in your dormitory. These restrictions will take place with immediate effect.
Please refer to the table below for the updated check-in and check-out matrix1.
* Newly checked-in or returning migrant workers are to join the Enhanced Surveillance Regime
||Checking in/out of migrant workers
||Restriction ends when
||No check-in and check-out for affected block(s)
- COVID-positive case(s) has been conveyed out of the dormitory
- Close contact(s) has been conveyed to external quarantine facilities and cleared their entry swab test
|Movement Restriction Order / Quarantine in-situ
||Movement Restriction Order / Quarantine-in-situ is lifted
|Ad-hoc or special swab operation
||Testing operation completed with results out and cleared
|Enhanced surveillance using Antigen Rapid Test
||Enhanced surveillance has ended
|Check-out: Not allowed for affected block(s)
- As an added precautionary measure, non-affected blocks may also be restricted to check in or check out residents on a case by case basis. This restriction will be lifted if there is no positive case(s) detected in the dormitory for the last 7 days.
- When restrictions are imposed, please strictly observe the above measures to prevent the further spread of infection in the dormitories. You are encouraged to clarify with FAST team on the start and end date of the restrictions on the movement of your residents in and out of the dormitory. Please request for exemption from the FAST team before checking in or checking out your residents.
- For further queries, please contact us at www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback.
- Thank you for supporting us in our fight against COVID-19.
- Exemption from restrictions will be on a case by case basis, for example if worker is due to be repatriated.