Advisory to dormitory operators - Admission of new and returning residents into your dormitory
Issued on 11 December 2021
- From 6 December 2021 2359 hours, all travellers entering Singapore on the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL-Air) are required to take COVID-19 tests daily for 7 days on arrival.
All non-Malaysian male S Pass and Work Permit holders in the construction, marine shipyard and process (CMP) sectors, and all other work pass holders staying in dormitories, who are entering Singapore via the VTL-Air will therefore take an on-arrival COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (OAT-PCR) test and self-isolate for two days while waiting for the test result. For workers who test negative, they will proceed to stay at the assigned Migrant Worker Onboarding Centre (MWOC) or dedicated facility for 5 days to complete their daily testing regime.
- As a dormitory operator, please note that these migrant workers entering via VTL-Air are not allowed to stay in a dormitory or temporary living quarters during the entire 7-day daily testing period. They are also not allowed to enter worksites during this period.
- You might have migrant workers checking into your dormitory, after entering Singapore via VTLs, ongoing industry initiatives or the Work Pass Holder General Lane. You should check that your new or returning dormitory residents have fulfilled their requirements, including the COVID-19 tests, before allowing them to check in to your dormitory or enter the worksite.
A summary of the requirements for workers entering via the VTL-Air and non-VTL are in the tables below.
Table 1 – Requirements for migrant workers arriving via VTL-Air
||Requirements for VTL-Air arrivals
|Between 29 Nov and 6 Dec 2021
||On and after 7 Dec 2021
|Applicable work pass holders
||Male non-Malaysian Work Permit holders on In-Principle Approval (IPA)
||Male non-Malaysian Work Permit and S Pass holders from the CMP sectors1 and all other dormitory-bound migrant workers
|Day 1 and Day 2 of arrival
||Take on-arrival test and self-isolate
|Day 3 of arrival
||Proceed to the assigned MWOC
||Proceed to the assigned MWOC or dedicated facility
|Stay at MWOC or dedicated facility
||Day 3 to Day 6 of arrival
||Day 3 to Day 7 of arrival
|Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
||Day 3 and Day 7 at Combined Test Centre or Quick Test Centre
||Daily ART at MWOC or dedicated facility
Table 2 – Requirements for migrant workers arriving via non-VTL from 3 December 2021
Action required by dormitory operator
|Applicable work pass holders
||Male non-Malaysian Work Permit and S Pass holders2 in the CMP sectors
|Stay-Home Notice (SHN)
|Stay at SHN dedicated facility (SDF)
Migrant workers will undergo on-arrival tests at the SHN dedicated facility
|Day 1 to Day 2 of arrival
||Day 1 to Day 2 of arrival
||Day 1 to Day 10 of arrival
|Stay at MWOC
||Day 3 to Day 8 of arrival
||Day 3 to Day 11 of arrival
||Day 11 to Day 14 of arrival3
|ARTs at MWOC
||Day 5 at MWOC
||Day 5 and Day 8 at MWOC
|SHN exit PCR test
||Day 7 at MWOC
||Day 10 at MWOC
||Day 10 at SDF
|Residential onboarding programme at MWOC
To be completed after SHN. Only applicable for male non-Malaysian Work Permit holders in CMP sectors, holding an IPA
- Before admitting new or returning residents into your dormitory, please check the following documents from the workers:
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, especially a negative test result on the last day of their testing regime, i.e. Day 7 ART for those who entered via VTL-Air, as well as Day 7 or Day 10 exit PCR test for non-VTL travellers serving SHN. The test result will be available either via SMS, email or FWMOMCare.
- Email from Ministry of Manpower to the employers, specifying the respective onboarding or testing requirements on the migrant workers who entered Singapore
- Migrant workers’ passports for the date they entered Singapore, as they should not be checking into your dormitory before they complete the necessary stay at the MWOC, designated facility or SDF.
- For further queries, please contact us at www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback.
- Malaysian and female Work Permit and S Pass holders from CMP sectors arriving via VTL-Air will follow the 7-day testing regime required of all Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) travellers entering Singapore by air.
- Malaysian and female Work Permit and S Pass holders from CMP sectors arriving from Category II and III countries will serve their SHN at self-sourced accommodation, while female Work Permit and S Pass holders from CMP sectors arriving from Category IV countries will serve their SHN at the SDF. They will need to take an exit PCR test before the end of their SHN.
- Only Non-Malaysian Work Permit holders in CMP sectors holding an IPA from Category IV countries will be transported to the MWOC.