Advisory for employers whose workers are on Special Passes
Issued on 6 October 2020
- With effect from 8 October 2020, Special Pass holders who were previously Work Permit holders and have remained in Singapore for more than 14 days are required to undergo a Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) when they request for further extension of Special Pass from Ministry of Manpower.
- MOM will arrange the Special Pass holders to undergo swab tests as they do not fall under the eligibility of the RRT that are meant for live work permit holders.
- For Special Pass holders who are due for repatriation, the employers are reminded to submit a request to extend the Special Pass online. A swab test will be scheduled after the request is received by MOM. Employers are advised to submit extension requests at least a week prior to the special pass expiry date to be in time for a swab test to be scheduled. Their workers’ Special Passes will be extended only after they have undergone the swab tests.
- MOM will send SMSes to inform both employers and Special Pass holders on the appointment details on the swab tests. This SMS will be sent out 3 days before the swab test date. Employers are to remind their employees to attend the swab test and bring along the SMS and SP card or letter for the appointment.
- Special Pass holders who do not undergo the swab test to have their passes extended will have overstayed and be liable to pay overstaying fines and/or prosecution action.