Advisory for employers on TraceTogether SMS notification for persons tested positive for COVID-19
Issued on 23 June 2020
- We would like to alert employers to the SMS alert feature of TraceTogether (TT).
- TT is an app that helps to identify contacts who have been in close proximity with a confirmed case during the infectious period, so that the Ministry of Health (MOH) can quickly follow up with the necessary public health action such as quarantine of close contacts.
- TT users who are tested COVID-19 positive will be notified via SMS on their health status and to upload their TT records.
- Employers are advised that should a worker inform the employer that he has been notified via TT on his COVID-19 status, employers should continue to advise the worker to wear a mask and assure the worker that he would continue to care for him. Worker should be isolated from the rest, and he and his close contacts should await further instructions from MOH. For the general measures that employers should adopt when there is a confirmed or suspect case of COVID-19 at the workplace, please refer to MOM’s earlier advisory.
- For further queries, please contact:
Ministry of Manpower
Ministry of Health