Enhancement to Adapt and Grow Initiative
Upgrade of Work Trial to Career Trial effective from 1 April 2018
Greater support for Singaporeans:
- Increase in training allowance from $1,200/month to a range between $1,200/month and $2,400/month.
- Extension of additional one-off $1,000 incentive to the long-term unemployed (LTU).
- Extension of salary support to employers hiring LTUs (previously available for those unemployed 12 months or more), with an increase in pay-out per hire from a maximum of $3,600 to $5,400.
Factsheet on Career Trial
Enhancements to Place-and-Train programme for Rank-and-File workers effective from 1 April 2018
More support will be given to further encourage employers to hire Singaporean workers who are LTU:
- Increase in salary support from 70% of monthly salary to 90% of monthly salary.
- Higher pay-out for salary support from $2,000/month to $3,000/month.
Factsheet on Place and Train
Long-term unemployed (LTU) refers to unemployed individuals who have been actively looking for jobs for 6 months or more.
Foreign Workforce Policy announcements
- Broaden FCF job advertising requirement.
- Update to S Pass salary criteria.
- Extend maximum period of employment for Work Permit holders.
- Extend additional pathway to recognise higher skilled (R1) workers in manufacturing and marine shipyard sectors.
Factsheet on Foreign Workforce Policy announcements
Older workers, low-wage workers, women
Raising employment standards through best sourcing
- Further safeguard the basic employment rights of outsourced workers in the cleaning, security and landscape sectors, through best sourcing.
- Starting this year, the National Parks Board (NParks) will introduce employment law criteria in the Landscape Company Register (LCR).
- From January 2019, the Government will only procure from companies with two consecutive accreditation status, good grading and LCR status respectively. More details will be shared with the industries in the coming weeks.
- Employers in all three of these outsourced sectors stand to lose their eligibility to bid for Government contracts, if they commit employment-related offences.
Factsheet on Best Sourcing Procurement Requirement
Enhanced Work-Life Grant
- The Work-Life Grant (WLG) will be enhanced to incentivise more sustained adoptions of FWAs.
- The enhanced WLG will be effective from 1 July 2018.
Factsheet on Enhanced Work-Life Grant
Review of Progressive Wage Model for landscape sector
- The tripartite partners will review and enhance the landscape PWM this year.
- More details will be announced by the Tripartite Cluster for Landscape Industry (TCL) when ready.
Convene WSH2028 Tripartite Strategy Committee to develop 10-year plan for safer and healthier workplaces
The WSH2028 Committee will comprise leaders from industry, unions and key players in the WSH landscape and consult widely.
It will study these broad areas:
- Strengthen WSH ownership among companies and workers.
- Increase integration of workplace safety with workplace health as part of Total WSH.
- Deepen WSH capabilities of companies and workers.
- Enhance partnerships with different stakeholders to promote and reinforce positive WSH behaviour/
- Review the regulatory regime to support WSH2028 outcomes.
The WSH2028 Committee will release its recommendations in a year’s time.
Enhancements to CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)
From 1 October 2018:
- Self-Awareness Questionnaire will be introduced.
- Sales charge cap will be reduced from 3.0% to 1.5%.
- Wrap fee cap will be reduced from 1.0% to 0.7%.
From 1 October 2019:
- Sales charge cap will be reduced to zero.
- Wrap fee cap will be reduced to 0.4%
Factsheet on enhancements to CPFIS
Launch of Tripartite Standard on Contracting with Self-Employed Persons (SEPs)
Media release on launch of Tripartite Standard on Contracting with Self-Employed Persons (SEPs)
Factsheet on Voluntary Mediation for Self-Employed Persons
- For an overview of MOM’s COS announcements, download our COS-in-Brief.
- Stay updated with the latest MOM-related news and announcements here, as well as our official MOM Facebook page.