This year’s Budget Statement was delivered by Minister for Finance, Mr Heng Swee Keat, in Parliament on Monday, 20 January 2017.
You can find the latest MOM-related announcements on our official MOM Facebook page.
Learn more about the key MOM-related announcements in Budget 2017.
Deferring Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) increases
- Defer levy increases for Work Permit Holders in the Marine and Process Sectors for one more year.
- Proceed with previously announced levy increases for Work Permit Holders in the Construction Sector.
You can find out more in the Budget Annex on Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) Changes.
Enhancing "Adapt & Grow"
- Increase wage and training support for the Career Support, Professional Conversion and Work Trial Programmes.
- Introduce an “Attach and Train” initiative for sectors that have good growth prospects.
You can find out more in the Budget Annex on Strengthening Support for Workers in Transition.
Extension of Additional Special Employment Credit
We will extend the Additional Special Employment Credit to 31 December 2019, to:
- Continue to support workers older than the re-employment age.
- Support those who are above 65 years old as of 1 July 2017 and hence not covered by the increase in re-employment age to 67.
You can find out more in the Budget Annex on Extension of Additional Special Employment Credit.