At a glance
Transition to SAC accreditation
The Singapore Accreditation Council’s (SAC) accreditation scheme will be replacing the MOM WSH auditing organisation scheme. The change aims to raise the standard of accreditation, with applicants having to meet SAC’s new accreditation criteria, CT 17 – Criteria for Accreditation of Auditing Organisations.
You can find out more on accreditation under CT 17 at the SAC website.
By 1 October 2018, all WSH auditing service providers are required to be an accredited SAC-Auditing Organisation (SAC-AO) under the SAC CT 17 criteria.
For existing WSH auditing organisations
Existing WSH auditing organisation can still add or delete your WSH auditors, and carry out audits as a registered WSH auditing organisation under MOM.
However, you are encouraged to obtain the new SAC-AO accreditation as early as possible.
The WSH auditor must meet these requirements:
- Have the required working and practical experience based on one of the following:
- If you hold a relevant degree and are a registered WSH officer, you need at least 5 years of experience as a WSHO.
- If you hold a relevant degree, you need at least 7 years of WSH experience.
- If you are a registered WSH officer without a relevant degree, you need at least 8 years as a WSHO.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in auditing activities, such as Safety, Quality Management System or Environment Management System audits or reviews.
- Be employed by an approved WSH auditing organisation.
- Completed the Graduate Certificate in WSH under the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Framework for WSH Professionals (Level D).
A relevant degree refers to a degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, ergonomics, occupational safety, occupational health or occupational hygiene that is acceptable to the Commissioner.
How to apply
- Log in to apply.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- Pay the $110 fee for each auditor online. The application will only be processed upon payment.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
You will receive an email notification if your application is successful.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following documents:
- Completed WSH Auditor application form with company stamp and signed by applicant, and company director, sole proprietor or partner.
- Copy of applicant’s relevant degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, ergonomics, occupational safety, occupational health or occupational hygiene.
- Copy of applicant’s Graduate Certificate in WSH (Level D under the WSH Professionals WSQ Framework).
- Copy of applicant’s NRIC or Work Pass (both sides).
- Copy of applicant’s WSH Auditor Card (for previously approved WSH Auditor).
- Letter of appointment for each applicant.