At a glance
|Who can apply
||Singaporeans, PRs, Employment Pass holders and S Pass holders
|How much it costs
||$110 (inclusive of GST).
Fees are non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of your application.
|How long it takes
||Up to 8 weeks, after you submit all required documents.
Note: Incomplete or insufficient information will delay your application.
||2 years (renewable).
||Registration for WSH Professionals and Competent Persons
You need to meet the following requirements to apply:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Singaporean, PR, Employment Pass holder and S Pass holder.
- Have at least one of the prescribed workplace safety and health (WSH)-related qualifications (see Accepted WSH-related qualifications).
- Have at least 2 years of work experience relevant to the work to be carried out by a WSHO. You need to provide documentary proof, e.g. a testimonial from your employer specifying clearly the period of employment where you served in a WSH-related designation.
- The following work experience can be considered:
- Assistant WSHO
- WSH Coordinator or Safety Coordinator
- HSE Manager
- HSE Superintendent
- HSE Executive
You may have to attend an interview to allow us to further assess your suitability to be a WSH officer. We may require additional time to process your application if an interview is needed.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
- Log in to apply.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- Pay the $110 fee online. Your application will only be processed upon payment.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
You will receive the outcome by mail. If your application is successful, you will also receive the registration card.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following documents:
- Both sides of your NRIC or work pass.
- Academic qualifications - degree or diploma certificate and full result transcript of a basic academic qualification in Engineering (e.g. Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering).
- WSH qualifications - certificate and full result transcript for the accepted WSH-related qualifications (see Accepted WSH-related qualifications).
- Professional Work Review write-up.
- Employer testimonials or letter of appointment stating relevant WSH experience for the past 2 years.
- Passport-sized photograph with white background (in JPEG format).
If you have a non-engineering or technical diploma, submit copies of these additional documents:
- Transcript of the Applied Basic Mathematics and Science Topic in WSH.
- Advanced Certificate in WSH, awarded by the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) SSG.
The acceptable WSH-related qualifications are as follows:
- Specialist Diploma in WSH, awarded by SSG and conducted by Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic, BCA Academy, NTUC Learning Hub and Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO)
- Master of Science in Safety, Health and Environment Technology, awarded by the National University of Singapore
- Bachelor of Environment Occupational Health and Safety, awarded by the University of Newcastle (Australia)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Factors in Safety, awarded by UniSIM (Singapore)
- Bachelor of Science (Health, Safety and Environment), awarded by Curtin University of Technology (Singapore campus)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Safety, Health and Environmental Management, awarded by Leeds Beckett University (Singapore campus), from September 2015