Survey Questions at a Glance
Labour Force Survey of Singapore
The objective of the Labour Force Survey is to collect data on the activities of the population including information on employment and unemployment characteristics of the labour force and economically inactive persons staying at the selected address. Information collected includes:
- How many persons are living at the selected address
- How many households* are formed from the number of persons staying at the selected address
*Households – A household is made up of persons who share common accommodation and food arrangements. A household may consist of only one person or many persons.
For example: Mr and Mrs Wong, their 2 children and maid are staying at the selected address. In this case, these 5 persons form 1 household.
Data Items Collected (Definitions are available for the data items which are hyperlinked)
Section 1: For All Persons
- Relationship to head of household
- Current residential status
Section 2: For Persons Aged 15 Years and Over
- Marital status
- Highest education attained
- Workforce Skills Qualifications attained
- Current activity status
If you are employed, you need to answer questions in Section 2A.
Section 2A (i): For Employed Persons Aged 15 Years and Over
- Employment status
- Either working full-time, part-time or serving National Service
- Type of employment (e.g. Permanent or Term of Contract)
Section 2A (ii): For Part-timers Only
- Willingness to work additional hours
- Availability for additional work
If you are unemployed, you need to answer questions in Section 2B.
Section 2B: For Unemployed Persons Aged 15 Years and Over
- Duration of unemployment (In weeks)
- Whether worked before
- Main reason for leaving last job
If you are not working, not looking for job or not available for work, you need to answer questions in Section 2C.
Section 2C: For Economically Inactive Persons Aged 15 and Over
- Reason for being economically inactive (i.e. the reason for not working, not looking for job or not available for work).