At a glance
When to replace
If the Work Permit card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must report it to MOM and apply for a replacement within 1 week.
- For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
- If your worker lost the card while overseas, you must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for your worker to use when entering Singapore.
Who can apply
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs
For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
For a lost card, the fee is:
- $100 for the first loss.
- $300 for a subsequent loss.
Fees are non-refundable.
How long it takes
Immediate for most cases.
Card collection: 4 working days after approval.
- If your worker loses the Work Permit card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview together with your worker.
- If your worker finds the lost card subsequently, you must return the lost card to us. Post it to Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
Apply for a replacement card
When: Within 1 week of damage or loss
Processing time: Immediate for most cases
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online and apply.
- Pay the replacement fees. You can pay using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit.
- For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
- For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for subsequent losses.
- Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
- If the request is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.
Collect the replacement card
Processing time: 4 working days after approval
The replacement card will be ready for collection 4 working days after you apply.
The worker can collect the card in person at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. No appointment is needed.
The worker needs to bring along these documents:
- Original passport.
- Card replacement letter.
- The damaged card (if applicable).
- Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards).
- Police report (for stolen cards).
Note: Overseas police reports should be translated to English.
If the card was lost or stolen, your worker must collect it in person.
If the card was damaged, you can send someone to collect it on the worker's behalf. Complete the authorisation form and have them bring the form and all the required documents for the visit.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.