Processing time: 1 working day for interim approval
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online to fill out the application.
- Pay $30 for each application. You can pay by Visa, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- On the next working day, check the status in WP Online. If the status is Pending Documents, you can continue with your application.
- Print the interim approval letter.
- Within 10 days, use iSubmit to submit the documents to MOM:
- Under Request Type, select option 6: Work Permit Application Matters for Business Sectors.
- Attach the interim approval letter and documents required in electronic or scanned format.
You can check the status of your application in WP Online after 5 working days.
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your worker's arrival in Singapore:
- Before the worker arrives, buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers).
- When the worker arrives, register their residential and workplace addresses using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) - at least an hour before requesting for the pass to be issued.
Note: You are required to register the addresses of workers from non-traditional source (NTS) or North Asian source countries who have started work.
When: Within 2 weeks days of arrival or scheduled date mentioned in the IPA
Processing time: Immediate
You need to get the Training Work Permit issued within this timeframe:
|If the worker is
||Issue the pass
||On the date stated in the in-principle approval letter
|From any other source
||After entering Singapore and within 2 weeks of arrival
To request for the Work Permit to be issued:
- Log in to WP Online to make the request.
You will need a delivery address and contact details for card delivery. You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Personal particulars page of the worker's current passport (include pages that have amendments).
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card.
- Completed security bond form.
- Completed Training Work Permit application form.
- Pay $30 for each Work Permit issued. You can pay by GIRO, or eNets credit or debit.
- After the Work Permit is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, complete and submit the request form to us.
- Should be given to the foreign worker. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
- States if the worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo.
When: Within 1 week days after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the worker needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, the worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
You must make an appointment for the worker to register.
For the appointment, the worker should bring:
- Original passport.
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the notification letter.
When: 4 working days after registration
We will deliver the Work Permit card to the address given 4 working days after the worker registers and gets documents verified.
For workers who do not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying their documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in WP Online.
If card delivery fails
After unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at the service desk of MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
You or an authorised person can collect the card 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don't need an appointment for collection.
Bring along these documents: