Singapore Public Holidays 201204 April 2011
- The dates for the 11 gazetted public holidays for 2012 are as follows:
* The following Monday will be a public holiday
|New Year's Day
||1 January 2012
|Chinese New Year
23 January 2012
24 January 2012
||6 April 2012
||1 May 2012
||5 May 2012
||9 August 2012
|Hari Raya Puasa
||19 August 2012
|Hari Raya Haji
||26 October 2012
||13 November 2012
||25 December 2012
- The date, 13 November 2012, for Deepavali needs to be checked against the Indian Almanac when it is available. Should there be a change in date, the Ministry of Manpower will issue a media release to announce the change.
- The list of public holidays for 2012 is available on the Ministry of Manpower's website.
DEEPAVALI DATE FOR 2011
- There is no change to the Deepavali date this year. It will be on 26 October 2011, as previously announced.
PAYMENT FOR WORK DONE ON A PUBLIC HOLIDAY
- The Ministry would like to remind all employers that under the Employment Act, an employee who is required to work on a public holiday is entitled to an extra day's salary at the basic rate of pay, in addition to the gross rate of pay for that holiday. The employer and employee may mutually agree to substitute a public holiday for any other day.
- For more information on the Public Holiday provisions under the Employment Act, please refer to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) website.
Last Updated on 04 April 2011